Changes Pthreads, Mutexes and Co. ?

From: Emmanuel Fleury
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 09:40:42 EST

Hi all,

I am using the software Cinelerra and I noticed that it was
systematically crashing (segfaults) under 2.6.9 where using a 2.6.7 was
ok. After looking more in depth at the problem it seems that the main
issue comes from the fact that several objects (it's C++) are tested in
one thread while they are freed in another. Changing from 2.6.7 to 2.6.9
seems to make it possible to have the free(object) occurring before the
test which leads to a segfault.

So, my little question is: "Did something changed recently in the kernel
about mutexes, phtreads, and so on ???"

I didn't find anything obvious about this by browsing the web.

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury

Computer Science Department, | Office: B1-201
Aalborg University, | Phone: +45 96 35 72 23
Fredriks Bajersvej 7E, | Fax: +45 98 15 98 89
9220 Aalborg East, Denmark | Email: fleury@xxxxxxxxx