Re: [2.6 patch] Use -ffreestanding?

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 16:23:23 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Adrian Bunk wrote:

I'm open for examples why this actually doesn't work, but after my (limited) testin I'd suggest the patch below for inclusion in the next -mm.

When was -ffreestanding introduced? Iow, it might not work with all compiler versions.. Apart from that, I think it makes sense.

From RH 7.3:
gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-113)

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)