Re: GPL Violation of 'sveasoft' with GPL Linux Kernel/Busybox +code

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 16:26:55 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
On Tuesday 09 November 2004 11:14 pm, Michael Poole wrote:

http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3868

Post subject: I am a Sveasoft subscriber, can I redistribute?
The policy for pre-release firmware is different. You may choose to
redistribute only those portions of pre-release firmware specifically
covered by the GPL license. Those portions of the distribution that are
separate additions developed by Sveasoft as part of a pre-release
distribution may not be re-distributed. Redistribution of pre-release
firmware that includes Sveasoft's non-GPL code will result in the
termination of your subscription.

So it looks like they are in clear, unless those separate additions are
derived from GPLed software.

That web page seems pretty clear... some parts of the prerelease are non-GPL, you can distribute the GPL code as usual. Unless there is aome claim that the non-GPL parts are derived from GPL original source or contain GPL code, why shouldn't they restrict the distribution of their own code?

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)