Re: CELF interest in suspend-to-flash

From: Tim Bird
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 19:10:28 EST

Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 06:39, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

>> > Sure, you only need to have the flash as a block device (ie driven
>> > by the IDE code).
>>
>> That's true, if you are talking about Compact FLash which pretends to be
>> a harddisk, but I assume that the embedded people are talking about raw
>> FLASH chips. It's possible do this, but it will need some tweaks to the
>> MTD code

I just heard from a developer at Samsung.
They have successfully used NAND flash as a swap device using MTD.
(on a SMDK2440 platform and SMC NAND flash)
They have not tested NOR flash as swap device. I'll try to follow up
and see if this translates into something which will work with your
suggested method.