Re: Broken kunmap calls in rc4-mm1.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 20:46:46 EST

Hi.

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 12:29, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 12:17:05PM +1100, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > That oops in kunmap got me thinking of my recent DEBUG_HIGHMEM
> > additions, so I want for a walk through the -mm4 patch, and found plenty
> > of instances of people making the same mistake I did... using the struct
> > page * in the call to kunmap, rather than the virtual address.
> > I guess the best way to handle it is find/notify the respective authors
> > of patches in the tree? The problems are in:
> > Reiser4 (lots)
> > CacheFS (lots)
> > afs
> > binfmt_elf
> > libata_core
> > (I'm hoping some of the above people will see this message and save me
> > some effort :>)
>
> That only applies to kunmap_atomic(); kunmap()'s argument should be a page.

Ah. My bad. That cuts it down by quite a few. I should have stuck to
looking for kmap_atomic :>

Humble apologies to those wrongly maligned!

Remaining culprits are....

Reiser4:
- do_readpage_tail
-reiser4_status_init
-reiser4_status_write

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6