2.4.26 IDE driver

From: Siddhesh Bhadkamkar
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 09:58:31 EST

Hi,

we are trying to modify IDE driver as a possible workaround for an unreliable storage media.

this driver will expose only a part of the disk to file system by reporting the disk capacity as say real_capacity/4. remaining disk will be hidden from the file system. in write operation driver will try to write the same data in all 4 parts of the same disk for redundancy. in read it will hope to find atleast one copy properly written.

we are using kernel version 2.4.26. what approach do you think would be appropriate?

Thanks,
Siddhesh