strange multisession DVD behaviour after closing the disc.

From: PaweÅ Sikora
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 15:12:41 EST

Hi,

I have written a multisession data DVD with Nero Burning ROM.
Then I have added one more session and I have closed the disc
with NEC ND-3500AG DVD/RW.

INQUIRY: [_NEC ][DVD_RW ND-3500AG][2.16]
GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
Mounted Media: 1Bh, DVD+R
Media ID: AML/001
Current Write Speed: 6.1x1385=8467KB/s
Write Speed #0: 6.1x1385=8467KB/s
Write Speed #1: 5.1x1385=7056KB/s
Write Speed #2: 4.1x1385=5645KB/s
Write Speed #3: 3.1x1385=4234KB/s
Write Speed #4: 2.0x1385=2822KB/s
Write Speed #5: 1.0x1385=1411KB/s
GET [CURRENT] PERFORMANCE:
Write Performance: 4.0x1385=5540KB/s@[0 -> 2185872]
Speed Descriptor#0: 00/2185872 R@xxxxxxxx=6925KB/s W@xxxxxxxx=5540KB/s
Speed Descriptor#1: 00/2185872 R@xxxxxxxx=6925KB/s W@xxxxxxxx=3324KB/s
READ DVD STRUCTURE[#0h]:
Media Book Type: A1h, DVD+R book [revision 1]
Legacy lead-out at: 2295104*2KB=4700372992
READ DISC INFORMATION:
Disc status: complete
Number of Sessions: 2
State of Last Session: complete
Number of Tracks: 2
READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
Track State: partial/complete
Track Start Address: 0*2KB
Free Blocks: 0*2KB
Track Size: 1433568*2KB
READ TRACK INFORMATION[#2]:
Track State: partial/complete
Track Start Address: 1435616*2KB
Free Blocks: 0*2KB
Track Size: 750256*2KB
FABRICATED TOC:
Track#1 : 17@0
Track#2 : 17@1435616
Track#AA : 17@2185872
Multi-session Info: #2@1435616
READ CAPACITY: 2185872*2048=4476665856

The content of this disc is accessible without any problem under WindowsXP.
Under Linux, when I try to mount the disc I get an error:

[root]-[/media] # mount /dev/hdc dvd/
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
or too many mounted file systems

[root]-[/media] # dmesg |tail
hdc: ATAPI 48X DVD-ROM DVD-R CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)
(...)
Unable to identify CD-ROM format.

I can mount this disc with 'mount -o loop /dev/hdc /media/dvd'
but I can see only the first session.
Playing with 'mount -osession=...' doesn't work.

dmesg #
(...)
Invalid session number or type of track
Invalid session number

Have you got any idea about this behaviour?
Is it possible to access all sessions on this disc?

--
/* Copyright (C) 2003, SCO, Inc. This is valuable Intellectual Property. */

#define say(x) lie(x)