network interface to driver and pci slot mapping

From: Anthony Samsung
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 16:32:40 EST

Given an interface name (like eth0), how do I determine:
The name of the driver (module) for this interface.
The PCI address for this interface, if relevant.

?

I need something that works non-destructively on a live system, that
isn't broken by nameif, and has a strong chance of producing a correct
result. In particular, parsing syslog is out. There's no consistency
in the format of messages and there's no guarantee the logs from
bootup will still be around. And the interface may have been renamed
since then.