Re: a.out issue

From: Kurt Wall
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 22:46:00 EST

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 07:27:27PM -0800, Chris Wright took 39 lines to write:
> * Florian Heinz (heinz@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > seems like find_vma_prepare does not what insert_vm_struct expects when
> > the whole addresspace is occupied.
>
> The setup_arg_pages() is inserting an overlapping region. If nothing
> else, this will fix that problem. Perhaps there's a better solution.

It solves the oops here (I didn't get the oops at first because I didn't
have CONFIG_BINFMT_AOUT set). Sort of. Now I just get "Killed" with
vm.overcommit_memory set to 1; with it set to 0 I get a seg fault.

Kurt
--
Let He who taketh the Plunge Remember to return it by Tuesday.