Re: [ANNOUNCE] darcs mirror of the linux kernel repository

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 08:20:25 EST

Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> writes:
>> In brief, you can get a copy of the latest kernel (converted from the bkcvs
>> branch) using
>
> Would it be possible to get data from www.bkbits.net so that complete
> history is preserved?

I think in the past Larry stated that people should not use the
www.bkbits.net site for retrieving patches (understandable, it
increases the bandwidth usage). But he could use the bk-commits list,
only that I'm not sure all the patches can be cleanly applied in the
order they are posted.

BKCVS has a problem with the timestamps and cvsps cannot be used
properly - in the same changeset, some files can have a timestamp
different by exactly one hour, cvsps generating two patches (with
other patches generated between). For example, the logical change
1.24006 has the modification time for arch/i386/kernel/process.c
22:45:49 but for the rest of the files it is 21:45:49.

Could this get fixed? (I hope it is not intentional :-) )

Catalin