RE: /proc/bus/i2c is missing

From: Piszcz, Justin Michael
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 09:48:38 EST

Ah, the documentation is outdated; I no longer have /proc/bus/i2c
either. You may need to update the other software that used
/proc/bus/i2c, as it should now use /sys/bus/i2c.

You are correct, <*> I2C support should encompass the i2c_core.

In addition, you may want to install lm_sensors and run the
sensors-detect script, which will help detect all the required modules
necessary for your hardware.

Curious, what are you trying to get working with I2C that involves the
parallel port?