Re: Reiser{3,4}: problem with the copyright statement

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 11:56:41 EST

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 01:59:37PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I have no problem with dual-licensed code, but I do strongly dislike
> > having this "unlike you explicitley state otherwise, you transfer all
> > rights to Hans Reiser" in the kernel.
>
> I don't see any reasonable alternatives. The alternative is for Hans
> Reiser to not be able to merge with the kernel, which is kind of against
> the _point_ of having a dual license.

If you touch e.g. XFS for a non-trivial change you'll also get a mail from
SGI politely asking to assign your copyright. Doing this implicit is IMHO
a reall bad thing.

IF you really think it's something we should do the least thing to do is
to put a BIG WAIVER into every file for which this is in effect.