Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc1-mm3-V0.7.25-1

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 14:28:04 EST

* Gunther Persoons <gunther_persoons@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I cant use my pcmcia wireless network card with this version, i can
> use it with V0.7.25-0. dhcpcd and ifconfig lock when i try to use
> them. config attached.

extremely weird - there simply was no change between -0 and -1 that
could have affected it. If you do this on the -1 kernel:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/preempt_wakeup_timing
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/debug_direct_keyboard

then you'll get precisely the -0 kernel, bit for bit. (plus the symbol
export fix in rtc.ko, which should have zero relevance to your setup.)

[note that debug_direct_keyboard is dangerous.]

so i believe the explanation has to be something else:

- are you sure the build is correct?

- are you sure it still works with the -0 kernel, maybe the bug is
transient?

Ingo