Re: pwc driver status?

From: Luc Saillard
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 16:24:24 EST

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 10:09:38PM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> > Unfortunately, upgrading is not an option right now for other reasons...
>
> That's a pity... because there is no 2.4 version of Luc's driver as far
> as I know :(

I don't use a 2.4 kernel, so i can produce patch for older kernel, but i'll
not test them. If someone want a 2.4 kernel tell me, and i'll try to mande a
patch using difftools. I prefer to add features like v4l2, than supporting
and testing old kernel (or writing documentation).

> > Is this driver also supporting the Logitech Quickcam for Notebooks? I found
> > some references that the 'official' one used to do that, but I can't find
> > much docs...
>
> As far as I know, yes. The source code seems to indicate the same.

If the old driver supports, mine too (minor some very old webcam).

Luc