Re: 2.6.10-rc1-mm5 [u]

From: Martin Schlemmer [c]
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 17:22:51 EST

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 13:22 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> "Martin Schlemmer [c]" <azarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I want to imagine there is some reason why some threading apps will have
> > > issues? I have since rc1-mm4 issues with evolution - some threads do
> > > not seem to come out of sleep or get running time for some reason.
> > > Unfortunately I cannot find the thread again. Is there a patch I can
> > > apply/revert to get it to work for now?
> > >

> > I should note that if I killall -STOP and then killall -CONT all
> > evolution processes (evolution-data-server-1.0, evolution-alarm-notify
> > and evolution-2.0) it works again for a while. The issue happens pretty
> > quick after I start evo ...
>
> Could you please try:
>
> wget ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.10-rc1/2.6.10-rc1-mm5/broken-out/futex_wait-fix.patch
> patch -R -p1 < futex_wait-fix.patch
>
> the retest?

Yep, this seems to fix it (usually one thread at least have already hung
at start for evo, now fine after a few mail fetches).

Is this a regression, or as in the other thread an issue with evolution
that should be fixed ? (Note: gnome-btdownload also seemed to hang
overnight with -mm[45], but I do not know if its related)

Thanks,

--
Martin Schlemmer