Re: Syscontrol activation = problem on boot

From: mahashakti89
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 13:45:02 EST

Jan Engelhardt a écrit :
Nov 12 19:15:13 ishwara kernel: hdb: read_intr: status=0x59 {
DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }

Nov 12 19:15:13 ishwara kernel: hdb: read_intr: error=0x04 {

DriveStatusError }

Nov 12 19:15:13 ishwara kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
Nov 12 19:15:13 ishwara kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev hdb,

sector 78172098

Nov 12 19:15:13 ishwara kernel: Buffer I/O error on device hdb5,

logical block 61785735

Looks like an old harddisk that does not understand an IDE command.

it can last two or three minutes and then I have accsess to my
Gnome Desktop.

Do you think that's normal? I can come up in less than 60 secs. (80x25), so I
presume boting X does not take much more time than 3 minutes.
What do you mean by "last"?

It lasts for two or three minutes -sorry my english ...
Does the error message stay there and the box is
like, idle? No other stuff scrolling through?

Its scrolling the same message for two minutes and what I have posted is the end of the message, then I am logging into X.