Re: [2.6 patch] PCI cleanups

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 15:33:47 EST

Greg> These changes are for when drivers want to start taking
Greg> advantage of some MSI features. I've heard rumors that
Greg> those drivers will be public soon, but haven't seen them yet :(

My Mellanox HCA driver -- subversion tree at

https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/infiniband/hw/mthca

can use multiple MSI-X vectors with this kernel API. I'll be
submitting it for upstream inclusion soon, so please don't remove the
kernel support.

Of course there isn't a yet stable device firmware release that
enables MSI-X ;(

Thanks,
Roland