Intel Corp. 82801BA/BAM not supported by ALSA?

From: Timothy Miller
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 15:49:45 EST

When I do 'lspci | grep -i audio', I get this:

0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio (rev 04)

Unfortunately, every effort has failed to get the slightest peep out. I have tried following the instructions on the Gentoo site (with my own guesses about what to do differently for 2.6 kernels), but I don't get any sound. Also, the "alsaconf" utility says it doesn't find any audio devices.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!