Date/Time problems on an IBM Desktop ? (P4-2.8ghz)

From: Robert Harris
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 13:44:32 EST

I'm testing the 2.4.27 kernel on an IBM ThinkCentre A30 Desktop. The
system has a P4 2.8Ghz processor, 512 Megs of ram and IDE disk. The
clock on the system is very much off. Using the "/bin/date" command
it seems to actually count 1 second for every 10 or so. Under load
this can be even slower. I've reproduced this on 3 separate pieces of
hardware.

Has anyone run into this or have an idea? My next step is to try an
older kernel with the same config but that may take a bit to get built
and tested.

Robert
--

:wq!