system slow since ~ 2.6.7

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 19:36:36 EST

Hello

I've been running until now 2.6.3 without problem. I had a test 2.6.7
kernel with reiserfs debugging enabled, and indeed it is running slow. Now
I compiled 2.6.9 without reiserfs debugging, but it is still slow... In
the attached tarball dmesg outputs plus configs for all 3 kernels. "Slow"
means just running top alone in a vt it takes 1.6% CPU. Under 2.6.3 it
takes 0.2% (Duron 900MHz). Another peculiarity with 2.6.7 and 2.6.9 is
that the power LED is blinking with about 1Hz frequency. It's an ASUS
A7VI-VM motherboard. In the manual there's nothing about error-codes. I
played with various APIC settings - no change. Related or not - if running
with LAPIC enabled (2.6.7), I get quite a few ERR in /proc/interrupts.

Any idea?
If not - will start compiling and testing different kernels. Does Reiserfs
(3) now always do debugging?...

Thanks
Guennadi
---