HFS+ Bug which causes coreutils "make test" to fail

From: Martin Schaffner
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 19:51:53 EST

I'm installing my system using an HFS+ partition as root.
When I installed the GNU coreutils, I noticed that some test fail, even though they succeed on other fs such as ext2.
I've tracked down one failure to the following:

mkdir a; chmod 1777 a; touch a/b; su otheruser -c "rm -rf a"

gives differing results. On ext2:

rm: cannot remove 'a': Permission denied

On HFS+:

rm: reading directory 'a/b': Not a directory
rm: cannot remove directory 'a': Directory not empty

The other failure related to the fact that all pipe files are suffixed by "|", and all links by "@" when doing "ls -1F" on HFS+

--
Martin