Re: [patch 2] Xen core patch : arch_free_page return value

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 05:28:41 EST

"Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We forwarded the patches around
> so many different people for comment before sending them to lkml that
> somewhere along the line something bad happned.

Just send 'em to linux-kernel first-up and cc everyone else. That way you
avoid duplication of effort and everyone is on the same page.

I'm still struggling to understand the rationale behind the mem.c change
btw. io_remap_page_range() _is_ remap_page_range() (or, now,
remap_pfn_range()) on x86. So whatever the patch is supposed to be doing,
it's a no-op.