Fixing page allocation failure

From: Morten W. Petersen
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 06:29:19 EST

Hi all,

I have a server that a couple of times each day squirts out messages about page allocation failures (python: page allocation failure. order:3, mode:0x20). What's the reason for this, and could it affect the stability of the box?

The server that squirts these messages just crashed, for no apparent reason, so that's why I'm wondering. It's a UML box. Also, I'm wondering, are there any howto's for tweaking /proc settings so that the machine becomes more stable? Are there any settings for increasing the verbosity of the kernel log so that the reason for a server crashing is easier to find?

Thanks in advance, and please CC me any replies :)

Regards,

Morten