Re: Missing SCSI command in the allowed list?

From: Daniel Drake
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 11:53:06 EST

Hi,

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
But the question remains: what should the users of not 100% MMC-compatible
CR-RW drives (i.e. those which have a separate cdrado or cdrecord driver,
not generic-mmc/generic-mmc-raw) do? Is the support for writing as non-root
on such drives just dropped without any plans to "fix" it?

I'd also be interested to know the answer here. Jens?

Some Gentoo users have reported that commands such as ED/EB/E9/F5 are being rejected. When inspecting the cdrecord source code, it seems that these are specific to plextor drives. These drives are MMC but have a few vendor-specific extensions. How should we go about permitting cases like this in the command filter?

Thanks,
Daniel