Re: [ANNOUNCE] a very tiny /sbin/hotplug

From: Chris Larson
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 19:00:55 EST

* Eugene Surovegin (ebs@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 03:14:06PM -0800, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> > So, a number of people have complained over the past few years about the
> > fact that /sbin/hotplug was a shell script. Funny enough, it's the
> > people on the huge boxes, with huge number of devices that are
> > complaining, not the embedded people with limited resources (ironic,
> > isn't it...)
>
> This is probably because embedded people don't use hotplug at all :).
> On dozen different PPC and MIPS boxes I worked on, we never needed
> this feature.

I tend to focus on ARM, and find this very useful. I know of a number
of folks using erik andersen's "diethotplug" (which hasnt been touched
in some time). I look forward to your further hotplug improvements.
--
Chris Larson - kergoth at handhelds dot org
Linux Software Systems Engineer - clarson at ti dot com