Re: local packets not in prerouting

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 21:26:57 EST

>> I have been observing that locally generated packets with a local destination
>> have they don't pop up in the nat/PREROUTING chain.
>> Anybody know why this is done? (If not, it's a bug.)
>
>It's not a bug. All locally generated packets go through nat/OUTPUT ,
>not nat/PREROUTING.

Yeah I apparently found that out too now :] (it says "nat", which does not
apply to locals anyway). "mangle" looks like what I need.
Unfortunately, the REDIRECT target is only for nat, oh no :(

Jan Engelhardt
--
Gesellschaft fÃr Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
Am Fassberg, 37077 GÃttingen, www.gwdg.de