Re: IDE ioctl documentation & a new ioctl

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 23:09:29 EST

Edward Falk wrote:
And while I'm on the subject, we're getting ready to write a new hdio ioctl, an extension of HDIO_DRIVE_CMD. The intent here is to be slightly more general-purpose than HDIO_DRIVE_CMD, with an eye to supporting the full set of SMART functionality. Current plan is to have the user pass a struct containing a pointer to the argument list, a pointer to the data buffer, and a data buffer length value. Consider this a design document; any comments and/or feature requests?

HDIO_DRIVE_TASK and flagged taskfiles should cover everything you need.

Jeff