Re: ptrace single-stepping change breaks Wine

From: Grzegorz Kulewski
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 16:01:21 EST

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Eric Pouech wrote:

the first patch put in BK by Linus doesn't fix the problem. Any plan to fix the
two other spots Roland mentionned ?

Can you just try it? I don't have wine, and since my main machine is
ppc64, and I don't actually have any windows programs to test even on any
of my laptops...

You could probably use QEMU to run windows binaries on ppc. It has some kind of user-mode (per process) emulation and it was designed (at the begining) exactly to run wine on !x86. I do not know if the wine emulation is still supported (because Fabrice is mainly working on whole-system emulation), but you can fix any issues with never wine versions in 5 minutes I will bet two beers... :-)

And some windows programs to test can be found on the Internet.

Thanks,

Grzegorz Kulewski

PS. Thanks for your work Fabrice!