Linux 2.6.9-ac11

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 18:56:45 EST

Fix the panic spewing XFree86 keyboard printks bug (quick fix for now).
Fix a problem with legacy ide /proc and also fix the Seqpacket/SELinux
problems.

Arjan van de Ven is now building RPMS of the kernel and those can be found
in the RPM subdirectory and should be yum-able. Expect the RPMS to lag the
diff a little as the RPM builds and tests do take time.

The it8212 still doesn't default to DMA on - that is on the TODO list. The
HPT366 rework project is also not ready (its gone back to the drawing
board for a few days if you are a volunteer and wondered what is up).

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/linux-2.6/2.6.9/

Key: o - only in -ac
* - already fixed upstream
X - discarded later as wrong
+ - ac specific (fix not relevant to non -ac)

2.6.9-ac11
o Allow users to force it8212 out of raid mode (David Woodhouse)
o On some platforms the flashing keylights (Alan Cox)
riggers bogus keyboard warnings. The error
appears from other stuff too like keyboard
switches so kill it
o Add support for ALi 5228 PATA IDE (Clear Zhang)
o Add support for newer ALi AGP (Clear Zhang)
o Seqpacket and SELinux fix (James Morris)
o Fix ide /proc and legacy devices problem (Alan Cox)

2.6.9-ac10
o Fix tiny ide-cd race (Alan Cox)
* Remove an apparently bogus IDE CD blacklist (Srihari Vijayaraghavan)
for a drive confirmed to work
o Correct vendor of some Cyrix chipsets in docs
o Error path locking fix for appletalk (Andries Brouwer)
o Remove a suspicious __initdata (Andries Brouwer)
o Further binfmt_elf work (Jakub Jelinek)
o SMBfs overflow fixes (Stefan Esser)
| Collated together by Juan Quintela
* Don't spew debug on bioses with ACPI (Len Brown)
breakpoints left in them.
* Further NFS disconnected dentry fix (Neil Brown)
* tmpfs inode accounting leak fix (Hugh Dickins)
* x86-64: Fix user triggerable oops on debugger (Andi Kleen)
vsyscall page access
* Serialize datagram read on AF_UNIX (Dave Miller)
* Disable PnP BIOS when using ACPI (Adam Belay)
o Fix oops in visor driver caused by DoS fixes (Roger Luethi)
o Fix several IDE drivers that assumed > 0 was (Alan Cox)
also an error return for pci probe functions
* Backport netlink updates/fixes from 10rc2 (Herbert Xu,
Dave Miller)
* Backport multihop routing oops fix (Christian Ehrhardt)
* Backport TSO fixes (Herbert Xu)

2.6.9-ac9
* Linus moved the remap_page_range flag fixes (Linus Torvalds)
into the function. Now this has had some
testing do the same in -ac and shrink the
diff a lot
* Fix low memory oops in device mapper (N Cunningham)
* Fix duplicate kfree in dm-target error path (Alasdair Kergon)
* Use a new bio on a md retry (Neil Brown)
+ Fix mediabay compile (Alan Cox)
* Increase EDD array size (Matt Domsch)
* Fix locking error/DoS in k15kusb105 (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix locking hang on error path of whiteheat (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Use sector_t for md (fixes some large raids) (Neil Brown)
* Fix further USB locking errors (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Report the right thing on a pnpbios fault (Andy Whitcroft)
* Add PCI quirk for VIA audio (David Shaohua Li)
* Fix neighbour table counter atomicity (Herbert Xu)
o Error out on early exec before rootfs (Chris Wright)
* Fix a.out crash with junk binary and (Chris Wright)
virtual memory limits disabled
* Import atomic_int_return for the neighbour fix (KaiKai Kohei)

2.6.9-ac8
* Fix binfmt_exec partial read problem (Chris Wright)
* Fix E820 overflow on x86-64 as per x86-32 (Andi Kleen)

2.6.9-ac7
o Redo the fixups in siimage/it8212 so they (Alan Cox)
always actually work
o Fix up both drives on an IT8212 raid (Alan Cox)
* Remove a debug printk/2 sec wait from CS5520 (Alan Cox)
* Move partial decode test to ide-cs/delkin only (Alan Cox)
* Fix partial decode test for no serial number (Alan Cox)
o Add support for disks on early rev IT821x (Alan Cox)
+ Allow ide-disk to be modular again (Tomas Szepe)
* Further fixup fixes (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
o Apple Ipod-mini size reporting fix (Avi Kivity)
* Initial (non SMP) cdu31a driver rescue (Ondrej Zary)
o Allow READ_BUFFER_CAPACITY to SG_IO users (Daniel Drake)

2.6.9-ac6
+ Fix problem with -ac5 msdos changes (Vojtech Pavlik)

2.6.9-ac5
o Fix oops in and enable IT8212 driver (Alan Cox)
o Minor delkin driver fix (Mark Lord)
o Fix NFS mount hangs with long FQDN (Jan Kasprzak)
| I've used this version as its clearly correct for 2.6.9
| although it might not be the right future solution
o Fix overstrict FAT checks stopping reading of (Vojtech Pavlik)
some devices like Nokia phones
* Fix misdetection of some drives as MRW capable (Peter Osterlund)
* Fix promise 20267 hang with very long I/O's (Krzysztof Chmielewski)
* Fix a case where serial break was not sent for (Paul Fulghum)
the right time.
* Fix S/390 specific SACF hole (Martin Schwidefsky)
* NVidia ACPI timer override (Andi Kleen)
o Correct VIA PT880 PCI ident (and AGP ident) (Dave Jones)
o Fix EDID/E820 corruption (Venkatesh Pallipadi)
* Tighten security on TIOCCONS (od@xxxxxxx)
* Fix incorrect __init s that could cause crash (Randy Dunlap)

2.6.9-ac4
* Fix minor DoS bug in visor USB driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o Delkin cardbus IDE support (Mark Lord)
+ Fix SMP hang with IDE unregister (Mark Lord)
* Fix proc file removal with IDE unregister (Mark Lord)
o Fix aic7xxx sleep with locks held and debug (Luben Tuikov)
spew
o First take at HPT372N problem fixing (Alan Cox)

2.6.9-ac3
* Fix syncppp/async ppp problems with new hangup (Paul Fulghum)
* Fix broken parport_pc unload (Andrea Arcangeli)
* Security fix for smbfs leak/overrun (Urban Widmark)
* Stop i8xx_tco making some boxes reboot on load (wim@iguana)
* Fix cpia/module tools deadlock (Peter Pregler)
+ Fix missing suid_dumpable export (Alan Cox)

2.6.9-ac2
+ Fix invalid kernel version stupidity (Adrian Bunk)
* Compiler ICE workaround/fixup (Linus Torvalds)
* Fix network DoS bug in 2.6.9 (Herbert Xu)
| Suggested by Sami Farin
o Flash lights on panic as in 2.4 (Andi Kleen)

2.6.9-ac1

Security Fixes
* Set VM_IO on areas that are temporarily (Alan Cox)
marked PageReserved (Serious bug)
o Lock ide-proc against driver unload (Alan Cox)
(very low severity)

Bug Fixes
o Working IDE locking (Alan Cox)
| And a great deal of review by Bartlomiej
o Handle E7xxx boxes with USB legacy flaws (Alan Cox)

Functionality
o Allow booting with "irqpoll" or "irqfixup" (Alan Cox)
on systems with broken IRQ tables.
o Support for setuid core dumping in some (Alan Cox)
environments (off by default)
* Support for drives that don't report geometry
o IT8212 support (raid and passthrough) (Alan Cox)
o Allow IDE to grab all unknown generic IDE (Alan Cox)
devices (boot with "all-generic-ide")
o Restore PWC driver (Luc Saillard)

Other
o Small pending tty clean-up to moxa (Alan Cox)
o Put VIA Velocity (tm) adapters under gigabit (VIA)