Re: [2.6 patch] remove obsolete Computone MAINTAINERS entry (fwd)

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 07:51:54 EST

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 07:47:35PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure whether it makes sense to list the previous maintainers for
> > orphaned code, but if such entries contain buouncing mail addresses it's
> > IMHO time to simply remove them.

> > -M: Michael H. Warfield <mhw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> wittsend.com is still there and Michael still runs it.

At least the listed mailing list is defunct:

<linux-computone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)

And to be honest, I don't see that much value in shiping entries in
MAINTAINERS for people who have reseigned as maintainers.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed