Is controlling DVD speeds via SET_STREAMING supported?

From: David Härdeman
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 11:20:26 EST

Hi,

currently my DVD player sounds like a jet plane when playing ordinary audio CD's. I tried the different approaches to lowering playback speed that are commonly used (hdparm, setspeed, etc) but none of them worked.

Then I found this thread:

Which seems to indicate that DVD players need a different command (SET_STREAMING), the thread is from 2001, and I've not been able to find any more recent information.

So, my question is, is this implemented in the kernel and are there any userspace tools to set the playback speed?

Regards,
David

PS
Please CC replies to my email address...