Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm2-V0.7.30-2

From: Mark_H_Johnson
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 11:55:51 EST

>Just did a build with -V0.7.30-2 and was about to start testing when
>the system locked up (no keyboard response, display frozen, etc.). ...

Same symptom with a slightly different set of steps leading to the
problem.
- boot / telinit 5 OK
- su'd to get privileges
- cat /proc/sys/kernel/preempt_wakeup_latency (showed 0)
- echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/preempt_wakeup_latency
- set RT priorities as before
- started scripts to record data
- system-config-soundcard (newline shown)
At this point, the system is locked up again with no response to any
inputs.

One thing I did notice from the previous test, I had two output files
from preempt_trace showing a couple minor (just over 50 usec each)
wakeup traces.

I have a few ideas to simplify the set up to see if I can get some
useful data out of the system.

--Mark H Johnson
<mailto:Mark_H_Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>