Re: [2.6 patch] MODULE_PARM_: remove the __deprecated

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 15:23:37 EST

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 16:56 +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> I know you will not like this patch, but I consider it important since
> the current beghavior is pretty annoying.

Damn straight. But I never intended this to happen; this patch was one
of a series.

I went through and fixed up many of them but naturally such a patch was
fragile, huge, and even broke some stuff.

As a result, Andrew dropped the patch, which is fair, but leaves us with
the current state.

I'll go through those patches again today and resent against -mm.

Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman