Re: 2.6.10-rc2 doesn't boot (if no floppy device)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 21:55:07 EST

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Len Brown wrote:

> I think the VIA case is more complicated than that, but I'll take
> another look at it.

Ok, having looked at the bugzilla entry, I have to concur. Looks like we
do need to disable the PCI interrupts and re-enable them. Mea culpa.

So what's the right way to get ELCR into a useful state? I'm starting to
lean towards your "just clear it all" after all, but that does the wrong
thing for SCI (which is _usually_ level-triggered), and I worry that there
are other cases too.

Any reasonably simple patch that likely gets it right?

Linus