Umbrella-0.5.1 stable released

From: Kristian Sørensen
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 09:47:14 EST

Hi all!

We are pleased to inform you that Umbrella 0.5.1 is now released. This is a
very stable release, which has been tested on our workstations for 6+ days
continously.

Get the release here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/umbrella/umbrella-0.5.1.tar.bz2?download

The strategy of the further development of Umbrella is to have
* STABLE and well tested Umbrella as patches
* UNSTABLE bleeding edge technology in the CVS module umbrella-devel

We have lots of new stuff and optimizations in the CVS, which slowley will be
applied and tested before getting realeased as patches. Currently we have
these in the CVS:
* New, small and efficient bit vector
* New datastructure for storing restrictions
See this thread for details:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5886152&forum_id=42079
* Restrictions on process signaling
* Authentication of binaries (still under development for the 0.6 release)

Best regards,
Kristian Sørensen.

--
Kristian Sørensen
- The Umbrella Project -- Security for Consumer Electronics

E-mail: ipqw@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Phone: +45 29723816