problems with ich6r

From: johon Doe
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 12:50:59 EST

Hi I found maybe a bug over ich6r sata controller.
here,
http://groups.google.it/groups?q=johond&hl=it&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=33pIh-8l5-51%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=2
you can find a kind of debian sarge installation
bugreport.
I found the same bug with different livecd: gentoo and
knoppix. Simply since few seconds I write over the
disk the system crash or it give me those errors u can
find to the google/groups link.
I also tryed with the latest 2.6.10rc2 kernel with the
same errors.
The following is my hardware:

cpu: pentium4 3000Mhz
ram: 1G
mobo: asus p5gd1 with 915p (northbridge) and ich6r
(southbridge).
hd: 2 Maxtor maxline3 300GB

The hard disks ara attached to the intel chipset sata
controller (ich6r).
I tryed the same hard disk over a amd64 machine (mobo
asus k8n-e) with nForce3 controller and I havent had
any problems.

At the google link u can find the lspci and lspci -n
output.
Thx very much for any kind of help.