Re: Difference wait_event_interruptible and interruptible_wait_on

From: Hendrik Wiese
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 09:24:19 EST

Davide Rossetti wrote:

Hendrik Wiese wrote:

Hello,

I'm porting a device driver from 2.2.14 to 2.6.7 and I got some problems doing this...

one of them is the following:
I know that a call to interruptible_wait_on puts a process into sleep state and that wait_event_interruptible does the same. But the difference is that wait_event_interruptible needs a condition to pass to wake up the processes. I do not need that mechanism since I wake up the processes at other places inside my driver with wake_up_interruptible calls. So how do I get a function similar to interruptible_wait_on where no condition is needed using kernel 2.6?

I did not check, so maybe I'm wrong, anyway the condition wait_event_interruptible is used to avoid the race window between the time you decide to call it and the time the process is actually made to sleep and ready to be woken up.
regards

Thanks for your reply.

So what should such a condition be? What should be put there?