Re: Suspend 2 merge: 24/51: Keyboard and serial console hooks.

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 18:22:08 EST

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 01:57:58PM -0800, Jan Rychter wrote:
> Obviously you have never actually tried to use software suspend in real
> life.
>
> I would kindly suggest that you try to use it on your laptop for at
> least several weeks in various circumstances. These features are a
> result of years of user experience.

I tend to buy laptops that just suspend when closing the lid, and no, I never
had the strange desired to immediately reverse my choice. Neither do I want
to stop the shutdown that I just initiated.

But for those people who do shutdown has a nice option to delay the actual
shutdown/reboot - I'm pretty sure the same can be done for swsusp without
sprinkling hooks all over the kernel.