ethernet Via-rhine driver 1.1.17 duplex detection issue in linux kernel 2.4.25

From: Wenping Luo
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 18:28:09 EST

I used crossed ethernet cable to connect one ethernet NIC to a Via Rhine III
VT6105M NIC. I set the speed mode of Rhine Nic to be "auto" whereas I forced
the peer NIC to be "100 Full Duplex". The Rhine NIC connected in mode of
"100 Half Duplex" , instead of "100 Full Duplex", after detecting the peer.

I searched the Internet and I found another reported for similiar issue at
http://lunar-linux.org/pipermail/lunar/2004-April/003894.html. However,
there is no answer for this issue yet.

Thanks,

Wenping Luo