Re: Audio problems on AMD64 with Via K8T800 chipset

From: Sven Hartge
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 20:03:13 EST

Eric Sharkey <sharkey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with Alsa when running on the AMD64
> architecture on motherboards with the Via K8T800 chipset. The sound
> is highly irregular, with lots of drop-outs, but also speed-ups,
> slow-downs and weird volume changes.

While using the in-kernel Alsa, my ens1371 based Soundblaster behaved
the same way, but with the seperate Alsa modules (1.0.6a from Debian
unstable) the blopping, crackling etc. is far less present, but still
audible in some cases, mostly disk I/O.

(Kernel 2.6.9 with staircase 9.1, Abit KV8 Pro, AMD64 3200+)

Grüße,