Re: Suspend 2 merge: 24/51: Keyboard and serial console hooks.

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 16:25:54 EST

> > Here we add simple hooks so that the user can interact with suspend
> > while it is running. (Hmm. The serial console condition could be
> > simplified :>). The hooks allow you to do such things as:
> >
> > - cancel suspending

I can understand that you want this one. I do not think uglyness is
worth it, through.

> > - change the amount of detail of debugging info shown

Use sysrq-X as you do during runtime.

> > - change what debugging info is shown
> > - pause the process
> > - single step

Usefull for developing swsusp but not for using it. Should live as a
separate patch.

> > - toggle rebooting instead of powering down

This is prety much nonsensical. You can do echo reboot > disk. If you
forget to do it, all you have to do is press power after it powers
down. That's about as much work as pressing 'R' while you are
suspending, right?

Please drop this one.

> And why would we want this? If the users calls the suspend call
> he surely wants to suspend, right?
>
> After all we don't have inkernel hooks to allow a user to read instead
> write after calling sys_write.

Pavel