Re: Any reason why we don't initialize all members of struct Xgt_desc_structin doublefault.c ?

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 17:13:27 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Jesper Juhl wrote:

Yes, this is nitpicking, but I just can't leave small corners like this unpolished ;)

in arch/i386/kernel/doublefault.c you will find this (line 20) :

struct Xgt_desc_struct gdt_desc = {0, 0};

but, struct Xgt_desc_struct has 3 members,
struct Xgt_desc_struct {
unsigned short size;
unsigned long address __attribute__((packed));
unsigned short pad;
} __attribute__ ((packed));

so why only initialize two of them explicitly?

'pad' is a dummy variable... nobody cares about its value.

Ok, good reason. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

--
Jesper Juhl