Re: Suspend 2 merge: 48/51: Swapwriter

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 17:40:17 EST

Hi.

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 10:55, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > This is the swapwriter. It is forms the glue between the highlevel I/O
> > routines in io.c and the blockwriter routines in block_io.c. It is
> > responsible for allocating storage, translating the requests for pages
> > within pagesets into devices and blocks and the like. It is abstracted
> > from the block writer because the plan is that we'll eventually have a
> > generic file writer (ie not using swapspace, but a simple file,
> > possibly
>
> This file alone is bigger than whole swsusp1. That strongly suggests
> you have too many layers of abstraction in there. Planning for future
> is nice, but not at this cost.

Not necessarily too many layers of abstraction. It includes swapfile
support and there's a bit in there for readahead (plus the debugging you
mentioned).

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6