Re: Suspend 2 merge:L 12/51: Disable OOM killer when suspending.

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 00:04:52 EST

Hi!

> When preparing the image, suspend eats all the memory in sight, both to
> reduce the image size and to improve the reliability of our stats (We've
> worked hard to make it work reliably under heavy load - 100+). Of course
> this can result in the OOM killer being triggered, so this simple test
> stops that happening.

andrew's shrink_all_memory should enable you to free memory without
hacking OOM killer, no?

If shrink_all_memory is broken... fix it.
Pavel

> + if (test_suspend_state(SUSPEND_FREEZER_ON))
> + return;
> +

Hmm, yes, something like this migh be usefull for BUG_ONs etc...
For consistency, right name is probably in_suspend(void).

Pavel
--
64 bytes from 195.113.31.123: icmp_seq=28 ttl=51 time=448769.1 ms