Re: file as a directory

From: Markus Törnqvist
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 07:51:40 EST

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 10:19:57AM -0800, Hans Reiser wrote:

>For the case Peter cites, yes, it does add clutter to the pathname to
>say "..metas" (actually, it is "...." now in the current reiser4, not
>"..metas"). This is because you aren't looking for metafile

"...." shound like something that could be an alias for ../..
so not much better than reserving the word "metas" from the namespace.

I guess I'll still go with ..metas here, as it's the best compromise
showed. Or maybe even ..meta (as there is no need for the plural imo)

Just re-opening a damned useless, old, tired and daft can of worms :P

--
mjt