[patch] make root_plug more useful via whitelist

From: Fred Emmott
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 18:53:04 EST

patch: http://fredemmott.co.uk/files/rp.patch

This adds a whitelist of programs such as /bin/login and /sbin/agetty which
may be ran as root without the USB device prescent. It also includes my
earlier patch to check the USB device's serial number as well as
vendor/product.

This is not meant for inclusion; I'd appreciate comments on anything I've done
wrong, and suggestions on how to make it distribution neutral (at the moment
it probably only works correctly on slackware) - I'm thinking of adding a
security/root_plug_relax/ directory containing files such as "slackware.h"
"redhat.h" etc.

Thanks for your time,

--
Fred Emmott