Re: Problem with ioctl command TCGETS

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 13:53:50 EST

> Was there ever a thread on lkml about a ioctl replacement? I'd
> really like to read about proposals, so far everyone talks only about
> replacing it... but no one wants to say how _exactly_.

I remember from one in May 2001 with a subject "RFD w/info-PATCH]
device arguments from lookup)" and it's offshoots. It's not all about
ioctls, but there are proposals for improvements to the ioctl
interface and other interesting stuff. Link to start of thread in
MARC:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=99025355313916&w=2

Miklos