Re: Suspend 2 merge: 19/51: Remove MTRR sysdev support.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 17:40:21 EST

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 05:22, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > This patch removes sysdev support for MTRRs (potential SMP hang and
> > shouldn't be done with interrupts done anyway). Instead, we save and
> > restore MTRRs when entering and exiting the processor freezers (ie when
> > saving the registers & context for each CPU via an SMP call).
>
> This will break acpi s3...

MTRR support is via sysdev is by design broken (SMP deadlock possible),
so you need to add it to the right place in your S3 code. (ie, it's not
that I'm breaking S3. It's already broken, but works while you only
support suspending !SMP).

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6