2.6.9 tcp problems

From: kernel
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 13:04:49 EST

I've run into a problem with 2.6.(8.1,9) after installing a secondary firewall. When I try to pull data through the original firewall (mail, http, ssh), it stops after approx. 260k. Running ethereal tells me "A segment before the frame was lost" followed by a bunch of "This is a TCP duplicate ack" when using ssh. All 2.4.x machines and windows clients work fine. I built 2.4.28 and it works fine from my machine. I also fiddled with tcp_ecn and that didn't fix it either. I don't have any problems communicating to "local" machines. I've attached the tcpdump output from an scp attempt. NIC is a 3Com Corporation 3c905B.

Thanks !
walt