OT:Re: Am I still on this list?

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 15:43:57 EST

On Monday 29 November 2004 06:08, Jim Nelson wrote:
>> mailserver at verizon.net. Now it is not, but still no mail.
>> Sniff...
>
>Same thing happened to me. Verizon help-desk drones were useless -
> just re-subscribed, and everything was back to normal.

I wouldn't say he was useless, in fact better than the average bear
IMO. Once he understood that A) it was linux I'm talking about, and
B) I knew what I was talking about, we got along famously. He not
only understood the lingo, he knew exactly what windoze util to run
that did the same thing. To find that level of expertise on the help
desk was rather refreshing.

>Glad to know it was Verizon's fault after all - OTOH, I don't think
> their mail admins can comprehend why someone doesn't complain about
> ~300 messages a day... :)
>
>Jim

Yeah, he was somewhat taken aback when I said the list might run to
600 msgs a day on a busy day. He figured that much *had* to spam. I
said nope, that it was the official comm channel for the linux kernel
developers and coders, clear up to Linus hisself. It never hurts to
polish the linux apple you know. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)